Game Summaries & Headlines.
Varsity Softball vs. Thomas Dale
- Game Date
- May 26, 2022
- LANCERS: 11
THOMAS DALE: 0
- Bailey Throws Shutout As Manchester Lancers Varsity Defeats Thomas Dale
- Bailey Jahna shut down Thomas Dale, throwing a complete game shutout and leading Manchester Lancers Varsity to a 11-0 victory on Thursday
- Manchester Lancers Varsity secured the victory thanks to eight runs in the second inning. The offensive firepower by Manchester Lancers Varsity was led by Riley Koseinski, Sadie Dempster, Taylor Hendricks, Brooke Powell, Mia Wolfolk, and Koseinski, who all drove in runs.
- Manchester Lancers Varsity got things started in the first inning when Manchester Lancers Varsity scored on a stolen base during Powell's at bat. Then Powell doubled , driving in one.
- Manchester Lancers Varsity scored eight runs in the second inning. The offensive onslaught by Manchester Lancers Varsity was led by Koseinski, Dempster, Hendricks, Powell, Wolfolk, and Koseinski, all knocking in runs in the inning.
- A single by #3 in the second inning was a positive for Thomas Dale.
- Jahna was the winning pitcher for Manchester Lancers Varsity. The righty surrendered zero runs on two hits over five innings, striking out three and walking one.
- #20 took the loss for Thomas Dale. The hurler allowed ten hits and ten runs over two innings, walking zero.
- Manchester Lancers Varsity tallied three home runs on the day. Koseinski went yard in the second and second innings. Wolfolk had a four bagger in the second inning.
- Manchester Lancers Varsity tallied 12 hits in the game. Koseinski, Wolfolk, Dempster, and Hendricks each managed multiple hits for Manchester Lancers Varsity. Koseinski went 3-for-3 at the plate to lead Manchester Lancers Varsity in hits. Manchester Lancers Varsity didn't commit a single error in the field. Wolfolk had the most chances in the field with nine.
- #3 led Thomas Dale with two hits in two at bats.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2022. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.