IMPORTANT DATE CHANGES:
- TEAM PLACEMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS: FRI, MAY 21ST
- MANDATORY 1ST TEAM MEETING: WED, MAY 26TH AT 6:30PM in the Enclosed Commons (masks required)
We are excited about the amount of interest in the basketball, football, and competition cheer teams! Due to increasing interest and scheduling conflicts, we are offering an additional tryout session and alternative arrangements to the following individuals:
- Any athlete currently participating in another sport currently in season
- Any interested candidate who is under current COVID quarantine
- Any interested candidate who was unable to attend or participate in the current tryout session
The makeup tryout session will be offered on Thursday, May 20th beginning at 5PM in the Main Gym. We will offer open clinics on Tuesday, May 18th and Wednesday, May 19th to practice stunting and tumbling. The same materials (cheers, dance, etc.) will be used for this alternative session. These materials can be found on the MHS Cheer Facebook page (with the orange glitter background).
For any athlete participating in another sport currently in season who is unable to physically attend the evaluation on May 20th but still wishes to try out, you will be allowed to do so virtually. Please contact Coach Adrianna Moore at email@example.com to discuss arrangements.
The addition of this alternative tryout does not affect the current session in progress. Candidates currently being evaluated will still tryout on THURSDAY, MAY 6TH beginning at 5pm. However, your placement will not be communicated until Friday, May 21st when everyone has had a chance to be considered.
There are no changes in the criteria, which was outlined in our post yesterday. Please review and contact Coach Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.